Saturday, August 22, 2009

{ the bouquet }

How did he know, it was just the cheering up I needed, after a long fussy/grumpy little day. The kind that leaves the edges of your soul feeling more than a little unraveled, as he me at the door after, his long hard day at work, with a smile and a kiss as he produced with a flourish, from behind his back these glowing roses...

How kind it is that the God of the whole universe, is concerned and about me and how my day plays out and the condition of my heart enough to send along a little pick me up?

And how blessed am I to have a husband who is in tune to the voice of God, down to the smallest details of life. For I am just sure it was God Himself who whispered that taking home roses might be a good idea, in his ear. After all, He is the source of all good things, great or small. And He is the only One who really knew how worn down and discouraged I was feeling at the end of that particular day.

And I wonder, how many times a day do I let His quiet, tender gestures of love slip by unnoticed? Oh Lord forgive me for all the times I have missed the joy you've set before me. And give me eyes that see things through Your heart, so I can thank you for each of these minute to minute, day to day, life-graces you so kindly gift to me.
I have been deeply moved by the writings of this woman, found via this truly beautiful woman...that have fueled my desire to " Take Joy" as I Count Up Blessings. ( from a few years back, where I first blogged.)
Ready to continue and expand the list.
Anyone care to join me?
“ Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart. God’s version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens, and fierce devotion.”


— taken from the book ‘Captivating’ by John & Stasi Eldredge

11 comments:

Aminta said...

MMMMM....
I love you precious Chelle. For your attentiveness to the lovely little details. You of all people cannot be accused often of losing sight of the beautiful whisper of our precious Lord. Whether it be in the quietness of morning, or the smell of coffee, or the color of your sweet childrens cheeks.
This is you, that special and amazing person sent here to earth to make us all see such beauty tht we would normally just pass by.
You are amazing, and in return, God gave you the gift of a wonderful man, and awesome marraige.
I love you to pieces!

Jacy said...

What a precious post, Chelle and a sweet reminder that he is always right around the corner on a bad grumpy day just waiting to bless us and remind us that we are his and that we'll never be forsaken or forgotten. I could definitely thank him right now for this blessing of a post that I just read as I know for sure it has lifted my spirits and brightened my day. Thank you for being such a light in my life, Chelle, you are beautiful in words and in soul!
Love you and miss you dearly!

Cottage Mommy said...

Thank you for sharing Chelle...I too was struck by the blog you linked too. Both of you are very inspiring to many, many people! And what beautiful roses!

Deborah said...

I'd say that David made his big sis proud! What a sweet end to a hard day.....I love you Chelle!

Lisa said...

that is beautiful - the flowers, your sweetness, an amazing hubby, and that you can find Him in all of it!!!
I am blessed to call you friend - I learn so so much from you Chelle, so much!!!

Chantel Monet said...

You are too precious for words. I'm so glad you found someone that appreciates you like he does! This was very inspiring, but then again, I expect nothing less from you. Enjoy your beautiful orange roses!

Andi Mae said...

Things I love:

01. That your sweet husband brought you flowers last week. So so very timely!

02. Being your friend. I love you so.

03. The blog Holy Experience- has been challenging and inspiring and convicting me so much these past few months.

04. That quote you closed with. Loveliest thing I've read all day.

05. The idea of once again counting my blessings. I have been thinking about this a lot lately- would love to start with you!

P.S. I think I found a yellow I like- we'll see...I wish you were here already to help me pick it out!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Treasure that husband! He is one like few others! The one time in 40 years that my husband bought me flowers -- it was for our 25th anniversary -- I asked him who they were for, never thought they could be for me! Oh, well, he does other things that keep us married! :)

swell.life said...

So beautiful. Crazy how even a sloppy rainy, bummer of day can possess so much beauty when you really pause to think about it.

Thanks so much for your sweet, encouraging words and your dear friendship. Thanks for reminding us with just a tiny post about how Great God is!

Lisa said...

My question for you, Mrs. Chelle, is when you will be writing your own devotional book? I so love visiting your space here and getting refreshed!

Connie said...

Lovely roses...they remind me of the peach colored ones David brought me when I was helping out after Annabelle was born.

God can always redeem the hard days, if we remain open to His Spirit.