Sunday, November 09, 2008

{ Such Lucky Ducks }

The rain this week has kept us mostly indoors so Annabelle and I have been enjoying some fun fall projects. Waxed Paper " Stained Glass" Leaves to hang in the front window and a couple batches of homemade play dough. But by far her favorite " thing " to do all week is help me unload the silver wear from our wonderful new dishwasher. She is such an enthusiastic little helper and makes daily chores so much more fun. Her eagerness is contagious.


I have also been working away on stocking up my Etsy Shop with some cozy banners for Thanksgiving. And looking forward what comes next: Christmas paperie goodness!!!!



David has been home with us almost every day this week, thanks to the really stormy weather. Since we got married, five years ago, I have in particular looked forward to what we affectionately refer to around here as a " rain day." A impromptu day when it rains hard enough to cancel work and instead we get to cuddle each other up. We had gone through almost an entire paving season without a single "rain day" until they piled up this week. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and then of course our weekend. Annabelle and I are feeling pretty spoiled, as you can imagine. David even cooked dinner for us last night...a rare treat. Shrimp Lemon Peppered Linguine . It was so gourmet and yummy and for those of you who know David, a total treat to see him cooking. I was so impressed.
And Annabelle has been soaking up and loving all this daddy-time. One minute they are on the floor "wresting" and growling at each other. The next she's dressed in her pink princess dress with built in music box that plays Swan Lake, and her cloppy pink feathered high heels and waltzing and spinning away gracefully in her Daddy's arms.
I must admit I was a little bit reluctant to see this week end, even knowing we were being spoiled and what a truly rare treat it is to get random, unexpected at-home holidays in the first place.

This pretty little girl of ours has has either entered the almost-three-year-old stage or she has simply " up-ed her game " in the last couple weeks especially and has been known at times to give me/us a run-for-our-money. Little fire ball. She tells us knowingly , " some days I a good girl, some days I a naughty girl." So know we know she knows. And I have a whole stack of parenting books on order from the library. Feeling the need to be learning and growing in my parenting as our free spirited little girl learns and grows and becomes more confident in her spunky-ness. Don't get me wrong, we head over heels adore her at this age, even with it's challenges. She keeps us on our toes with her limitless energy and zip and we wouldn't have it any other way. Because of her there is twice as many smiles and twice as much laughter in our home.



New baby is now 15 weeks old. We had an appointment last week and can I just tell you what sweet, sweet music to my ears it is to hear that speedy little heart beating strong. I am sure I almost hold my breath until I hear it...and squeeze David's hand really tightly...and then there this is huge wave of relief, followed by a great big sigh and whipsered, "thank-you Jesus."
I am loving the gentle sensations of movement. At this point I only notice them if I am laying really still and quiet. Annabelle says, "Mommy is your baby bumping around in your tummy? " I cannot wait for those little flips and kicks to be big enough for her to feel and see.
I am beginning to feel less tired. And am excited to get back some energy. This pregnancy feels like it is flying by. In just three weeks we get to take a little peek-a-boo and hopefully find out who exactly this little person of ours is that we have come to love so much already. We don't have a girl name picked out and have decided to wait and come up with one until we find whether or this babykins is or is not another girl??? Such anticipation!

I cannot seem to get much written on my blog these days. But I am sure enjoying all the wonderful, creative and encouraging things you ladies have been posting. I especially am loving the 30 Days of Gratefulness posts that dear friends Andi and Jacy and others are doing.

12 comments:

Aminta said...

SO missing you and the little Zipper and the upcoming little zipper. If you are anything like us (which you ARE by the way, because your daughter shows it! LOL) this new little one is going to be fire cracker number two! We just cannot seem to raise them to NOT be independant little people, can we?
Wish I could stop in to see you two. I CANNOT wait to take you to the NEW coffee shop that we are helping to get ready. You will love their place. Still un-named. But soon, not only will it have a name, but good smelling/tasting coffee and yummy treats. SO excited to share that part of my life with you and Annabelle. I guess that coffee will have to wait, huh? Decaf will do for now. ;)
Loves to you four! MUAH!

Amanda said...

oh chelle...what lovely little days and projects and snuggles and fun it sounds as though you are having. and oh how sweet and tender to hear the pitter of the new babes heartbeat and to feel those first flutterings...how my heart rejoices for you! :) much much love...and oh how i echo your sentiments about this age...oh so fun and busy but oh my definitely "up-ing" the game! :)

Anonymous said...

Other than Lemon Squares, I didn't know that David cooked!? What a great surprise! Love, Deb

Jacy said...

My heart is just smiling for you and that sweet sweet family of yours and how you get to soak up so much time with the hubby! Annabelle is so adorable...could she get any more beautiful with those beautiful eyes and sweet bouncy curls? She is really changing, zip and all and by the way I think you can see some of that fun in those pretty little eyes of her...how she will make such a great big sis! I am so excited for your guys' upcoming discovery!!! Being pregnant for me the second time around seemed to come and go in a dash!
May Jesus bless you all dearly and know that I love you so much friend and wish you so manny more rainy days :D
loves

Dawna said...

Oh, Chelle. Your posts are always so lovely and joyful! How glad I am to know that you had a few wonderful 'rain days' with your dear hubby and made such wonderful family memories. And he cooks, too! I can't wait to find out who this baby is. Since it's only 3 weeks away, I may wait to finish the little gifty I'm making until you share the happy news with us so I can make it more personal.... Miss Anniebelle grows more breathtakingly beautiful every day! That smile and those curls! And that big heart full of love! What a girl she is! Oops. Just realized how long my post is getting to be -- guess I'm just missing chatting with you! Take care, Mommykins! XOXO

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Smiling big at the bright eyes little girl who is up-ing her game. :) I have a certain blue eyed little boy who knows all about that process... :) I have really liked the book "Making Your Children Mind Without Losing Yours" by Kevin Lehman.

I loved hearing about you guys getting to spend more time with your David - and him cooking. :) All so wonderful!

Isn't it amazing to feel those first few little movements of a new life?! Oh how amazing! :) So pleased for you all.

Connie said...

I recognize that mischievous look in her eye in the first photo of her in the pink shirt, ha.
I guess we will have to get Dave an apron?.....(a manly one of course.)
Love to you 4,
Nana

SuzyQ said...

so glad to hear from you again! I can't wait for you to find out whether the new little on is a boy or girl! So happy things are going well with the pregnancy...

Catherine said...

What splendid days you describe, Chelle! I, too, am on tippy-toes waiting to find out what you've got in the oven.

Lisa said...

your life is pretty sweet these days huh - the flutter of a new baby, an active little girl, and husband who cooks - what more could you want.....

so so excitted to recieve a package from you - makes my life pretty sweet!!!

Love to you....

Fairlightday said...

We love you guys! It's been so delightful to read a little snippet of your days. :) And I'm so glad you got to enjoy Mr. David being home for rain days. We don't ever get those around here. Give miss Annabelles a great big squeeze and kiss for us cause we love her so!
Talk to you soon dear heart!

Anonymous said...

would you be willing to share where you found your letter stencils (for making the "give thanks" garland)? i've been searching everywhere and cannot find any! i'd love to make a garland for my house too. thanks!