Monday, November 26, 2007

Remembering Thanksgiving

{ what I wish my table had looked like,
borrowed from Martha Stewart }

Here, in no certain order are the highlights of our Thanksgiving Day:

  • Having so much help with getting ready
  • Orange red and white tulips that David's Mom brought me
  • I was impressed with this thought all day long: just how thankful I am for family who are friends and friends who are family.
  • pot upon pot of really good coffee
  • Annabelle in her little checked apron, and me in my vintage red and white polka dot one
  • of course all day I meant to take pictures, and then of course I never did
  • Instead of having turkey again (since it would have been our 3rd turkey dinner of the week) we made Swedish Meatballs, cooked to perfection in the crockpot and served over mashed potatoes.
  • Trader Joes Sparkling Blueberry Juice. It was such a hit
  • the boys playing football out in the back yard
  • when I went out to watch, David raced over, swooped me off the ground and started twirling me around and around. I am seriously in love with that man.
  • hearing everyone rave about how great dinner waslaughter, and lots of it, filling every corner of my house
  • watching Annabelle being doted on
  • playing a impromtu game of musical chairs, there was not a dry eye in the room, we were laughing so hard
  • wishing the night didn't have to end
  • writing on slips of paper " I am thankful for ________." And reading them outloud in the living room later.
  • serving peppermint ice cream, along with blackberry and pecan pies
  • hugs and hugs and more hugs goodbye
  • a late night game marathon with our best friends
  • crawling into bed with that feeling of satisfaction, for the gift of such a beautiful, truly blessing-filled, happy day.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh sweet and wonderfull, really reading this made me feel like I was there...
especially David spinning you. So sweet, and lovely you guys are...

Fairlightday said...

what a lovely day! Thank you for sharing it with us. I really loved the part about David spinning you too. So special and sweet. Wish we could have been there to share it with you all.

Lauren Kate said...

Ok, so I just sat down and caught up with your blog- all of it! I'm tickled by some of the similarities between you, me, and my friend Ashley. It's quite funny really. I have always referred to you to others as 'my card lady'...but now you are a lot more than that! What a very small world and an even smaller circle from Texas-Ohio-Washington! I'm hooked on your cards and now your blogs. Guess what? I adore quotes as much as you do!