Monday, October 03, 2011

{ flashback }


One month ago, we woke up to another moving day.

  The other day I caught his eye as the words to this song filled the kitchen and spilled out the  back door to where he was working. And as it hit us, we laughed until it hurt. 


Leaky faucet, creaky floor
We don't even own a bathroom door
The sofa set is nothing to be jealous of
We don't have a lot but there's no shortage here for love

All the pennies in the wishing wells
All the diamonds Tiffany's could sell
All the riches put together
All the sunny

California weather
Could not make me love you any better


 This is my life in a song.


And what was he hard at work on you ask? Why, putting in our bathroom door.  
And yesterday it was the shower.
We are slowly making progress around here.
And every time we move, which has been six times in the last two years, my heart skips a beat when I come across this love note he painted on the bottom of this bookshelf he built for me. 

Oh how he loves me.


6 comments:

Leslie said...

oh Chelley.
love this.
Love the sneak of moving boxes..
something that never shows up in your pictures.. but is an icon of your life... as of lately.

love how hardworking David is.
Love showers.

just love.

Prairie Rose said...

Aw, How sweet!
I know once the house is all put together you will look back at this time with a smile and the 'together' will be all the more appreciated:)
Love all the sweet pics, especially the first one.....
Have a good day, friend!

Nikki said...

Such a sweet post....love the picture of Lucy-Lu, and the bookcase!! I didn't know about that! ;-)

I'm getting all the snippets I've seen of your houses mixed up in my head...I'm not sure what my mental picture of your home is like right now, but I'm pretty sure it involves at least one rental and your current abode.

Catherine said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Megan said...

Oh how I love this post! It does fit you and David and how I live in envy of your family and relationship.

... I remember that bookshelf all too well! I remember Nate was going to make it to fit perfectly under the corner window in the living room.

Awe... the past.


Anyway, I hope this finds you well.
Hugs and kisses to the littles.

Wahzat Gayle said...

as always blown away by the love here.
your baby is gorgeous.