Thursday, November 04, 2010

{ 30 Days of Gratefulness}






Thankfuls:

Novemeber 1st - 
 
  That afternoon I had bought a 50 lb bag of flour at Costco and somehow managed to get it into the back of my car...and then later called out the door to my just home from work husband..." hey would you mind bringing in the flour in for me" as he magically pulled not one,  but two bouquets of flowers from behind his back. Talk about perfect timing. You can imagine my shock... and my delight. Today I cannot see them without smiling and remembering with particular fondness, the giver of my yellow + orange spray roses. 

  A evening family walk in the rain to stalk up on "Wa's" ( waffles) for Jack. And thanking Jesus for gluten free, dairy free, egg free breakfast food that I can just pop in the toaster.

  Snuggling + three hundred bedtime kisses from our littles...

  This quiet little space to stash away bits of beauty + wise words.


November 2nd - 

  That it was warm enough this afternoon to leave the back door open and let Jack play happily out in yard for over 2 hours.

  For two huge loaves of homemade bread that perfume the entire house.

  For miles piles of clean laundry, because it means we have clothes to wear. 

  For an ugly disagreement ( because are lives are far from polished and perfect )turned to forgiveness, humility and tear-stained kisses. That make me think of the words to this song:

" Well “I Do” are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another, I’ve heard, is a good place to begin‘Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down
And I believe it’s an easy price for the life that we have found

And we went dancing in the minefields

We went sailing in the storms
And it was harder than we dreamedBut I believe that’s what the promise is for "

taken from Andrew Peterson's, Dancing in the Minefields

  The cute letter Annabelle wrote today for our little baking fundraiser:

" Dear Everyone,

Would you please like to buy cinnamon rolls, bread or cookies for shoe boxes for children who don't have many things? These children get really excited when they open their Christmas shoe box. And it's fun to make them happy.
Thank you very much.

Love,


Annabelle XOXOX  "

Oh, how I love her heart!

4 comments:

swell.life said...

David is the sweetest! Perfectly delivered.

I so love Annabelle's letter. She is precious.

Cottage Mommy said...

Love this sweet post! And at first I thought that photo was one of yours...your leaf bouquet was just as beautiful! love you dear friend and treasured the time spent today..

Deborah said...

Auntie Deb would love to by some of Anniebelle's baked goods!

Ashley said...

I love that song! I'd never heard of Andrew Peterson, but I think I will be a fan now :) Thanks for sharing.