Monday, May 10, 2010

{ Motherly Reflections }



It was a balmy glorified spring morning. The sky dappled with streaks of sunshine, as apple blossoms sprinkle down from on high , and lilac clusters perfume the air... I delight in the bright warmth on my face and in the little girl and little boy peels of laughter that call out to me from across the pure green lawn. As the man that I love,  scoops them up together in his strong but tender arms, he is the one who I share this journey, gift and these children with.  And I cannot fathom it being any other way. I smile, wide. I can't help myself , watching this girl and this boy who make me a Mama...and my heart fills up with an kind of intense gratitude, the kind that you can feel physically, like an weight or and ache in your chest.  And in that moment I felt acutely alive. Like Wilder says, “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” And in that moment if you'd asked me, does life get any better then this? I would have told you with deep sincerity...
" Right now, I could not be happier. Not even one little bit."

8 comments:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

tears... I kept saying to my kids YOU are why I love being a mama. You said it so perfectly. We had our first back yard breakfast - wish we could've had it together. I just know our daughters would have loved that. :)

I feel like I just got to read part of your journal. Thank you for that. It's such a treasure. xo

Leslie said...

tears.
love your heart lady so much..
love this qoute a lot a lot...

and so happy to hear you got a moment like this..

phone call tomorrow... yes please!

Leslie said...

hey Misha published as I wrote.. are we all following each other tonight....

swell.life said...

could you have written that any more beautifully? annabelle and jack are so so blessed to call you mama. i love this post.

Catherine said...

You inhabit the title of your blog, Chelle!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

So beautiful! And so true. I love those "could it get any better than this?!" moments. Such God moments.

Wahzat Gayle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day :)

Laurie said...

Very nice, Michelle. It is very refreshing to hear that you are so in love with your life, and your husband and kids are your top priority. Happy belated Mother's Day!