Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So grateful.




I am still flying high for my friend Leslie and her sweet new boy babe, Cade Nicholas who arrived most perfectly on Oct 14 and has quite thoroughly stolen the hearts of all those who are blessed to know him. He is my most special ever birthday bud. Still thanking Jesus so much for all those answered prayers and continuing to pray for your recovery Leslie.

I wanted to thank you for all your happy congratulations on our baby news. We are overjoyed at the prospect of this new little person joining our life and family in the spring. New baby is due on my Mom's birthday, May 7 th, which I think is so sweet. The first trimester is almost over now. And I am so thankful that after our first appointment last week...that we had a good report and were able to hear a strong and quick little heartbeat. Annabelle was just entranced by it all, and she was able to hold a model baby the represents the size of our baby now. Oh so small and sweet. I am starting to let myself get really excited. Ever since we lost our first baby, I have been guarded about allowing myself to get too excited too soon...but Annabelle's enthusiasm is so contagious. She gets giddy every time we talk about the baby. And of course she wants to tickle my belly button and kiss it and pat it. She'll ask me during the day, " Mommy how's your baby?" All these things melt my heart. I am loving experiencing this from a whole new perspective this time around...and being able to share this baby joy with our resident sweet and eager big sister in the making.


With all the uncertainty in the great big world around us, with the economy in such upheaval and the political front so heated, I really, especially appreciate the view I have through the eyes of my two and a half year old. She sees and takes pleasure in the little things, like a picking a pretty leaf off the ground or learning new Bible stories, having tea parties, playing dress up, and pretending the day away with her little collection of dollies and animals.
We are enjoying the beautiful colors and weather outside, taking daily walks and excursions into the back yard to jump in the leaves. I made pumpkin bread for the first time a few days ago. So much about these autumn days makes me want to cook soup and fresh breads and serve steaming cups of chai tea. So many things on my list that I want to try between now and Thanksgiving. Like this and this using these as my inspiration and I would love come up with something like this or this or this to decorate my home for Thanksgiving, which we are so looking forward to hosting again this year.
The sun is shining and there is a pile of leaves in the back yard just waiting to be raked up and jumped in...so off we go. Pictures to follow.

20 comments:

Aunt Tea said...

i love the garland from BHaG! i put up a thanksgiving tree. Ü it's fake., it's in the budget. it becomes my cookie themed kitchen tree at christmas.

love your post. love the photos. do you have a camera again?

*hugs*

Aminta said...

Lovely Autumn....would it be to strange to name a girl Autumn for my favorite season? Always thinking! lol
I am looking forward to the pictures coming! And by the way, you never showed off pictures of yourself in that special date dress... gonna? SO love that little hmmm... two and 2/3 year old!
LOVES to you always!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

OH what an exciting time! I am over the moon excited for you, your precious family and that new little life. Such a miracle.
I too love experiencing life through the eyes of a child. It is so simple and full of enthusiasm.
Awesome picture of Annabelle in the leaves. :)

Amanda said...

chelle...what an exciting time for you...and big sis annabelle. i am so glad you were able to hear the baby's heartbeat and begin getting more and more excited. definitely loving the pictures of your sweet girl...and will be praying for you as this pregnancy progresses...that your mind might be enwrapped in the peace of God...

Jacy said...

My sweet friend I am so happy/excited/jumping for joy for you! I had no idea about your loss! I am SO sorry to hear about that, really I am, and am praying that this baby and pregnancy is in the hands of God and is healthy and I can not wait until May the 7th for you :D I can just see Annabelle taking such good care of her "baby" and her mommy too! David must be so excited as well! You are in my thoughts love and I hope you know how loved and prayed for you are! Because you REALLY AND TRULY ARE!!
All my love xoxo

Fairlightday said...

I love every single one of your ideas. I actually have "make sweater pillows" on my list of sewing projects. Imagine that. :) And the garlands are such a sweet idea. I may have to borrow that for our Thanksgiving decorating. So many lovely things.How was your trip over the weekend? I'm sure you guys had lots of fun.
Love to you dear! Hoping to squeeze in a short phone visit with you before the weekend. Maybe while I'm packing on Thurs? :)
Hugs and then a few more hugs...
talk to you soon!

Andi Mae said...

That little dress on Annabelle is absolutely darling! And I love all of your sweet autumnish ideas- especially the Thanksgiving garland. I remember Blair posting that one and loving it then...Have you seen the one on Maya Made? That one is super cute too, but is made out of newspaper, not fabric. And I've been wondering about those sweater pillows myself...

It sounds like you guys are having a lovely week! And I love hearing about how you are treasuring this special season in your life as a family- I have such happy, fond memories of Audrey and my time together in the months before Elliot was born. I am praying that for you! I love you, sweet friend!

P.S. I wish so much that we could go on a Secret Life of Bees date together! That would be the sweetest thing ever...

Donna said...

Chelle, so very happy for you and David! Love the picture of little Annabelle in the leaves.

Looking forward to seeing you and Annabelle soon. If I can ever finish my little ones rooms.

Leslie said...

your too sweet, and I am still on a high myself dear friend.

love these moments your having with anabelle. love them love them..

and love all this fall inspiration..and Anabelle is a joy. Wow wow....

Loved chatting today, wish it wouldn't have cut out, so so sorry!

Cottage Mommy said...

Lovely post and thanks for the reminder to look at life from a child's perspective. I have been bogged down by world events lately and feeling down. Congrats on the pregnancy, we are actually pregnancy buddies. I am due a week after you but will probably deliver the first week of May with a scheduled c-section. I have not announced it publicly on my blog but I had to mention it to you since we are on the same time table! Excited for you!

Lisa said...

such an exciting time at your house, huh??
I have to admit fall is my very favorite time of the year and your list is so inspiring, now if only I could find the time to fit it all in....
Annabelle is so adorable I love that she asks how your baby is - so very sweet!!

Enjoy those leaves sweet girl and all that this wonderful time of year has to offer....

btw - Congrats Cottage Mommy! How very exciting!!!

Chelle said...

Oh Courtney... I am so excited for YOU! Pregnacy buddies, what fun! How are you feeling? Looking forward to your "making it public" post. :) Wow, with two little ones and a baby on the way you must be one tired Momma. Contgrats to you and your sweet family on this happy, happy news.

Cottage Mommy said...

Hey Chelle! Thanks for the invite to join Domestic Bliss! I'm honored and gladly accepted...what do I do next?

Cottage Mommy said...

Thanks for the info! I am feeling pretty good. I never did get morning sickness with my first, with my second just mild nausea and with this one just maybe two weeks of nausea but it seems to have passed. I couldn't handle myself if I were one of those women who threw up all the time! I have been tired of course but overall good! My second appointment is next Monday and I am hoping to get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. This will be our last, I can't even imagine how your hubby's family did it. God just equips those families with lots of grace. :) How are you feeling?

Aminta said...

U
R
TAGGED!
Love you!

swell.life said...

Oh Chelle, how did I miss your big announcement!? CONGRATS, CONGRATS! Am so happy for your sweet, growing fam. Annabelle is already the cutest big sis! What an amazing time. :)

have a lovely said...

oh such sweetness! and a may baby with a due date of your momma's...so sweet! I hope that you are feeling wonderful sweet and thoughtful gal!

have a lovely said...

i just followed the links... I was JUST cleaning out my closet {yes already...despite moving in not so long ago} and I set aside some sweaters that I don't wear anymore and have hopes of turning them into pillows. My mom is mailing me a sewing machine and I figure that already worn sweater would be the fairest cost effective fabric for this beginner...and will be a prized treat if it actually works! :)

Lisa said...

Little Miss Annabelle Lucy is going to be a *fantastic* big sister ~ full of tenderness, and maybe a little spice just to keep things interesting. {If I remember correctly, she's never *not* kept you on your toes!} In fact, your two little ones will probably be worthy of their own Little Miss Stories {Little Miss Sunshine, etc. Ever read those?}

libbydibby said...

Hi Chelle.
I've stumbled onto your blog tonight, but bookmarked it, because I too, am a mama, blogger, etsyshopowner, Christian (we podcast your church's sermons around our house...), polka dot fanatic, craftin, fall-lovin' gal myself... =)
anyhow. I love the decor things you've found... Thanksgiving is my #2 fave holiday myself.... I don't know if you've also seen the amazing Pottery Barn Thanksgiving "advent" calendar... I bought one, with the hopes of maybe making my own (libbydibby) version of it, but I have to admit, theirs was so unbelievably fabulous in person - and I'm so excited about preceding the Christmas holidays with a month of focusing on thankfulness and prayer in my kids' hearts... it's really something beautiful to look into.
blessings. (and many congrats on your new peanut.)
libby