Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a day in the life of...

two year old Annabelle Lucy

a.m

7ish- She rolls over smack into me, that wakes me up and then strange as it sounds she often senses when I am awake if she is already stirring and usually wakes up herself ...she sits up with a start " Mommy my waked up! " She snuggles into me and promptly falls back to sleep.

8ish - She requests " that stuff with warm milk and rasies. " That stuff of course meaning oatmeal.
9ish - She takes red and black crayon to the walls and draws great big circles all over the wall, while I am washing my hair in the sink. I hear a scratching sound on the wall. Uh-Oh. The crayon box says, "washes off walls with warm water." That is a lie. But a Google search suggested toothpaste. In case you are wondering, it seems to do the trick.
10ish -Annabelle takes a "buggle" bath to get the "buggle" gum off her back. Deb told me I'd be sorry I let her have gum so soon. Boy was she right. But after months of begging I just caved in and let her have it. It looks like I may live to regret that.
11ish - Clean as a whistle she decides it's time for dress up. We try on a Cinderella dress and end up with a kimono. See pictures below.




{ pretending to nap }

p.m.

12ish - We read books. She plays with play dough. Then eats her macaroni and cheese lunch.

1ish - She takes one of her famous sleepless naps, complete with quietly climbing out the crib, climbing up her changing table and getting into her closet.

2ish - Nap over. She quietly watches her new favorite movie from the library...

3ish - More dress up. She asks to where her jingle bell dress and sandal shoes from Auntie Roo's wedding. Why not get some good use out of them. So she runs around in that dress, spills chocolate milk on it and rolls down the hill in it.

4ish - Daddy comes home...this is cause for much excitement...she runs out the door and into his open arms. Here she is trying on his hard hat. You got to love the clothing combo, almost everyday she comes up with something new and exotic.


5ish - This is a first. She tells me " Mommy I want to help you make dinner." Against my better judgement, I let her. After all it was such a sweet request. 30 minutes later I have to have David come get her and take her outside as both of us as well as the entire kitchen is covered in flour. Despite the mess, the calazones were yummy.

6ish - We sit down for dinner. She eats all of her broccoli and none of her calazone. We think that is awfully strange.

7ish - She joins us for a trip to the Library in her blue jammies with the whales on them. We come home with a stack of books.

8ish - She sits in Daddy's lap as he reads her the new library books. Then they sing songs. We tuck her in for the night. She cries and sings and asks to go potty on the toilet. After that she says she needs to eat some food. We remember that she only had brocoli for dinner. She eats a piece of buttered bread. I rock her again and she falls asleep in my arms in less than a minute.

9ish- The End. Of today, that is.

16 comments:

Fairlightday said...

Life with a toddler - oh so sweet.
Enjoy them, before you know it you will be in my shoes, celebrating the 1st day of 1st grade.
Give hugs to Miss Annabelle. We love her so much.

Anonymous said...

This was a fun post - love seeing a glimpse into your day. I love the "raisies" comment :)

Jacy said...

I know all too well of days like these minus the dress up play lol, I am trying to learn to embrace them and hold on to them because if I dont I will look back and regret! She is so cute though and even though those things probably made you want to pull your hair out at times, she sounds so irrisistably cute!
Hugs

Leslie said...

love this glimpse at little Anabelle right now, and love the amount of clothes you go through in a day...

Lisa said...

a sweet life, huh???
I love the carefree ways of two year olds.... and all those messes and dress up!

Connie said...

I LOVE the photo of her in the red kimono, with the halo of light on her curly hair.
Love and kisses...
Nanna

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi Mae said...

Oh, my Miss Annabelle! You had a very busy day...that seems so very much like one of Miss Audrey's Mae's :) I loved this post so much, Chelle- I may have to write one about Audrey and Elliot one of these days...

P.S. It was especially sweet hearing all of your voices on the little video of you singing!

P.P.S. And I love love love my new Happy blocks from your Etsy! Audrey wants so desperately to play with them, but I won't let her- AND she is carrying her little note from Annabelle everywhere with her!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

What a busy girl - and mama I'm sure! :)
Sweet peak into your cheerful life... :) LOVED it!

Dawna said...

I loved this post so much! You are such a sweet family, and that girl of yours is positively adorable! Thank you for sharing your day. (PS-When Rachel and Connor were younger, they did a collaborative art project on my freshly painted bedroom wall with a sharpie. It actually came off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, which has now become a necessity in our house. Good stuff!)

SuzyQ said...

holy cow! the youtube was awesome!!! that was fun...

Amanda said...

definitely love the day in the life of annabelle. had me laughing so many times...(elizabeth and kate have those same whale jammies...and LOVE them)...definitely laughing at the number of clothes you go through in a day. elizabeth is typically a one outfit girl...but she does love her princess outfits these days!

Little Candle said...

What a wonderful glimpse into your life! Elijah also loves his oatmeal. His preference is to have it mixed with applesauce. I am feeling inspired to do such a post myself. It would be nice record of these sweet days and times that will be gone all too quickly. Thank you for sharing sweet friend!
Hugs!
Sarah :)

Donna said...

Love the pictures of Annabelle! I loved hearing about your day. I am just waiting for my walls to be redecorated by color crayons as well. I thought the singing was priceless.

ashlie said...

I loved living that day with you and your daughter! This is a great blog, thanks for pointing me towards it ;)

Ashlie

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me. Lilla is all about wanting to "cook" right now too. And "sweep" the floor. And vacumn with the dustbuster. Oh, good times I tell you. Everything seems to take about 4 times as long but she sure loves doing it. Sounds like Annabelle does too!