Saturday, May 03, 2008

Just a little catch-up

I surprised myself this morning...I actually still know how to get into my blog. It feels like have been away for so long, and have missed out so much. But it was just one of those long stretchs of days and I was so swept up in the hub-bub of life, that I didn't have much of a chance to sit down at the computer. But everyone has gone home now, and everything on our wedding shopping list, minus a robins egg blue cardigan for Annabelle, as of yesterday is officially crossed off. We had a wonderful time, yummy dinners together often ending in hysterical laughter on account of a silly little two year old we all find highly amusing, wedding planning sessions, late night heart to hearts, even late night shopping sprees, and the shower was a huge, huge hit.

( beautiful Bride and her darling Matron of Honor )

And while we girls were gone to the shower the two David's, with Annabelle in tow, hit up a Farm Auction and brought home several boxes of old blue canning jars that we are going to use as the vases on the tables full of wildflowers at Anna and Davids wedding. That and a beautiful wooden antique door with an oval glass window in it, for a mere, ahem steal...$40.00.


You can only imagine my glee over David's thoughtfulness. He knew how very much I would appreciate that old stuff, when to most other people, himself included half the time, it is nothing more than junk.

I have been experimenting with growing grass indoors, which we will also use as centerpieces for the wedding. So far I am really pleased with the results, wanna see?



And of course I must post a picture of my dear little growing-like-a-weed-girl. Here she is with pig tales (which are more like two little poofs on top of a bigger poof) and a big red lollipop that some nice store owner, who must have thought she was cute so generously gave her. David said the man came running out after they had left the store, and chased them down to present her with this great big red lollipop. So we let her enjoy it for a few minute before her Daddy very stealthy slipped it off the garbage can.




I am going to wrap this up for now and hope weeks and weeks don't go by before I post again. Annabelle and I have a wake-up-daddy attack planned. We let him sleep in this morning but at 9:30, enough is enough. Time to go jump on the bed and cover him with kisses.



It sure is nice to be back. I have really missed you ladies.



As Annabelle has been saying to everyone, ever where we go, while nodding her head energetically:


" Had (have) a nice day!"


.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We certainly have missed you too! I'm glad to hear that the wedding plans are coming together so well. Annabelle certainly is growing like the sweetest little weed I've ever seen. Glad you're back:)

Aminta said...

YAY!!! I am the first to comment! I miss you Chelle! You SO much to catch everyone up on! I am glad you took a minute to share, I WISH I could have joined everyone there at the shower, :(
Anyways, off to clean and PAINT the guestroom while Pete works today. FUN, FUN! Painting with 9, 4, and 1 year olds! He-he, expect pictures at some point! :D
LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! So happy to hear you've been doing well ;)

Fairlightday said...

I've missed you so! It's good to see pictures of Miss Annabelle and Anna looks lovely as always. I can't wait to see pictures of her in her wedding gown. Love the idea of the blue canning jars! It will be amazing, I know. We are going to be home more next week (yay!) so hopefully we can catch up then. So sorry to have missed you yesterday but it was crazy. :)
Love you dearly!

swell.life said...

Phew, I was getting worried about you, Chelle! Thank heaven you're back. Man, what a husband! I can't wait to see those jars in action. That door is gorgeous. Anabelle is as adorable as ever. Darling, darling pigtails.

Lisa said...

Things just haven't been the same around here without all of your sweetness - so glad you are back!!!
Isn't wedding planning the best? They bring out the romantic in everyone. Can't wait to hear more of the details, it'll be here before you know it...

Connie said...

Sweet photo of Anna and Annie, the grass looks awesome and the little girlie looks adorable...as always. :-)
~Nanna

SuzyQ said...

there you are! glad you're back... sounds like you've had a delightful week or so! don't you just love summer?

Amanda said...

so wonderful to stop by and hear all about your days...glad things are coming together...and, of course, so fun to see pics of miss annabelle...so sweet.

Leslie said...

yeah a post from Chelle, well no wonder you arent writing to us, you have some serious delightfullness going on in your part of the world.... and piggies on Anabelle, so cute, and soo sooo much fun.

So nice to hear from you.... :)

Tracy said...

Hi! My first visit here! Found you via Marie of Oak Cottage. Your place here in blogland is lovely! So much sweetness here...I must come back! :o) Your daughter is a cutie-pie...I could just kiss her apple cheeks! Happy Days to you all :o)

Lisa said...

What a darling, mischevious look in Annabelle's eyes as she has her little fingers wrapped around that lollipop! Good to hear that the shower was a huge hit {and now, a little rest for you, which will be much appreciated, I'm sure.} Love that door, by the way.

Lisa said...

Just wondering...
...how are you going to use that lovely door???

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I love the lollipop story, just adorable! You gotta love the effect a two year old has on people, just so sweet!

I love what you are all doing with the wedding tablescapes. They are going to be beautiful!

Had a wonderful day! (As Annabelle would say!)

Little Candle said...

What a wonderful post! So very nice to get caught up on what is new. Annabelle is beautiful in her pigtails.
Hugs!

Sarah :)