Thursday, May 22, 2008

Inbetween...


Our days and weekends have been so busy, so full of preperation, of happy comings and goings, of projects and yardwork and last minute wedding shopping.
Anniebelle is asleep for the night. After I tucked her in her crib I sat down at the piano to play her to sleep, something I used to dream of doing...
David is at work, poor fellow. Bless his heart, of all days, it's his birthday and he has to work a double shift. He was up early as usual this morning to head off to work and didn't get off until after 5 tonight, with only a 3 hour break until he starts work again. I was more bummed than he was as I talked to him on the phone while he was at Costco, eating his birthday dinner with me at home staring at a small stack of presents and cards waiting for him.

Inbetween all that and packing, cause yes we are going to ID yet again this weekend, I feel the need to sneak a moment or two to just jot down a few things.

Last weekend David and I were able to get away to the Oregon Coast for two whole nights, and celebrate our 5th Anniversary. Of course we did have such a perfectly wonderful time. Best of all, I got to hog the blessed man all to myself, to giggle and tease and flirt, to hold hands and pretend we did not have a care in the world. Becuase for that 48 hours we truly didn't. I came home so refreshed. Totally happy and ready of course to be reunited with Annabelle, who spent a very happy time with her Mor Mor and several of her doting Aunties and Uncles and even a Great Grandma and who, as happy as she was to have us come and pick her up, had hardly seemed to miss us.

I know you ladies would agree with me, that there is nothing half as nice, the whole world over as being loved by a good man. Except maybe for the rose-bud kisses from the tiny mouth of the dear little one that looks just like him, that is.


Thank you David. You have succeded once again, in sweeping me off my feet. Lucky for me, that is a daily occurance around here. And Happy Birthday to the one I love, admire and wink-at more than anyone else in the world. Praying that this is a year of unfolding dreams for you.



" Grow old with me. The best is yet to be."






8 comments:

swell.life said...

oh chelle, i missed you! glad you're back in action after a romantic anniversary getaway. good for you! looks like a beautiful weekend. hope you'll be able to celebrate david's bday this weekend. right.

Fairlightday said...

I'm so glad to finally hear something from you! I've been calling all week. :) Missed you so! I'm so glad that your anniversary weekend turned out wonderful. I'm sure that David will gladly celebrate his birthday this weekend. Anything is worth waiting for if it's done with you! Have a fabulous weekend in ID. I love you!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

What a sweet life! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and have fun together. That is so important to a marriage.

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on five years of marriage and enjoying a wonderful little vacation - it looks fantastic!!!
Isn't being loved and inlove the best?!?!

Here is to many, many more years of romance, love, and sweet time together...

Leslie said...

I have tears and not really sure why... Maybe just missed your posts, or maybe its really true. Nothing is as good as being loved by good man, or by one of his own... these pictures are treasures of the two of you.. so so very sweet, and so glad you had a wonderfull time, hope this weekend is as good as the others. Miss your usual posts..hope you guys aren't completley worn out.

SuzyQ said...

so good to see you again! one of these times when you come to idaho, you need to stop and see me! and with any luck, my little one and hubby... we just (say, 10 minutes ago) finished the arrangements for summertime with him. i'm so excited!

you two are wonderfully cute, and you give me hope! thank you so much for that. i don't know if you'll ever know how much that means to me!

Lisa said...

What a sweet posting! Happiest of anniversaries ~ you two are darling together and here's to many many many many more years!

Little Candle said...

Chelle,
So nice to see a post from you! You have been missed! What a wonderful time you had with your Sweetie. The love of a good man is the best thing.
Hugs to you...

Sarah :)