Monday, January 07, 2008

The choo-choo train...


I do hope that you and your loved ones had a splendid Christmas and New Years! I am excited to begin again this year...anticipating the joys, great and small that the coming days, have in store.

We leave tonight at bedtime from my parents house. David Annabelle, my Mom and I. There is a winter storm warning. After a three hour drive we board the train. At 1. Am. Then we travel cross country for 16 hours and end up in the middle of no where North Dakota...then off to Grandpa Roland's farm. I am so thrilled for Anniebelle and my Grandpa to meet. I have a feeling that they are going to fall in love with each other. But please pray for us. A little somebody has been rather on the contrary side of things today. And we have heard " no, I don't...", more than we usually do. It's going to be an adventure. Hopefully a grand one. . Praying that she is cheerful and agreeable and extra sleepy.

The memories we've made in the last couple weeks have been precious and unforgettable. Still, there is a great big part of me that is very much looking forward to coming home next week. Until then I send love and missings to each and every lovely one of you.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

What an adventure this trip will be! I hope that you have a wonderful time with your grandfather, but I know what you mean - after being gone for a while home is so much sweeter! Safe travles on the choo choo train... Lisa

Fairlightday said...

Oh Chelle! I miss you too! Can I say that you are never ever ever allowed to go away for 6 weeks again? Can't tell you how many times I've gone to pick up the phone to call you and tell you about something or ask "permission" for DomesticB and then I remember that you aren't there. :( So sad. I can't wait for you to get home. Love you and miss you bunches and bunches!
Enjoy your train ride, sounds like fun. Like "the polar express?" Will be praying for Annabelle. I can totall y relate to hearing "No, I don't want!!!" over and over. Lord help us! :)
hugs for all!

Andi Mae said...

It was so lovely to see your blog come up on my google-reader today! I have missed you, sweet friend! But I am glad that you are having such a wonderful time with family- hasn't all the snow been so great!? I will be praying for the last part of your trip and for your little one- I agree with Fairlight- I have too can relate to the "No, I don't want!" Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

xoxo Andi

swell.life said...

Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey! What an absolutely precious picture of your dear Annabelle...It's childhood winter magic!

Anonymous said...

So where exactly is the middle of nowhere, North Dakota? It can't be too far from me. Where did you stop here? I'm just curious if you stopped in my town:D What a funny coincidence...

Anonymous said...

omg. i know my baby would LOVE a train ride! more than literally anything i can think of, so i hope your little dolls feels peppy and enjoys her train trip and her grandpa! have fun, babe... suzy

Leslie said...

sounds so great.

Totally missing you... :)
How'd she do?

Jacy said...

Hello there Chelle, its been a while since I have been by its always good to see your posts and Annabelle looks like she is having so much fun in the snow where we are experiencing NO snow and have even had tornado watches :( very disappointing, but I am so glad you are having so much fun with family and the train ride sounds like a lot of fun, I know Noah would probably go crazy
Lots of love to your family from ours
Jacy

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing you're home and seeing photos Ü

Anonymous said...

I hope you three had a great time on your trip! I so enjoy your depiction of your life I will be passing by more often!
Happy Happy New Year!!

Lisa said...

Are you home??? Sure hope you had a great time. You know we can't wait to hear all about your adventures - how did the train ride go???