Wednesday, November 14, 2007

{ Little Balls of Christmas Joy }



Inspired by this inspiring ladie's latest blog I set out to come up with my own version of these Pottery Barn Ribbon Ornaments. So I am totally in a Christmas-ish mood. Which is wierd because normally I'm the one who has to lock myself in my bedroom the night before Christmas Eve, to wrap stuff. Obviously this year is going to be different and that's fine with me.

And after seeing this sweet pile of gifts. I have officailly decided to dub this my Christmas Inspiration Picture of the year. These are my colors. And I am going to try and see if I can come close to mirroring this look under my Christmas tree.


Here's a look at last evenings project:


Tickled with the results.

10 comments:

Fairlightday said...

Chelle! Those are adorable! And way better than Pottery Barn! You should list them on Etsy! How amazing and creative you are!
I'll stop with the exclamation points now.

Leslie said...

.... I already bought the stuff. Yours are so yummy, mine so won't be, any tips before I get started.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet e-card! I am so so happy that you loved the package!

This post is so inspiring! I saw those ornaments in my Pottery Barn Kids catalog and really wanted to make them to!

P.S. So glad to hear that you guys are feeling better. We're almost there...

Connie said...

Very nice, I am impressed! They look so nice on your pussy willows.
Where, oh where did you get all that creative genius?? :-)

Leslie said...

CHELLE-
these are so not as easy as they look.. mine so don't look like this... ughhh... and my fingers are almost glued togethor.
Maybe in the morning they will look nicer...
yes do list them on Etsy.. so cute.

Fairlightday said...

I'm still here and no baby. I had intended to write a post this morning, had my whole day planned out actually and then realized that I have a prenatal appt. and group lunch today. Arggg! Not what I was wanting to do today. So, I'm busy trying to get ready and accomplish some of the things on my list. How was your weekend? Are you guys home now? Miss you so much. Wish you were here and we could do some of these things together. hugs!

Shopaholic D said...

love them - they look great! they remind me of a temari ball i made once!

:) D

temari balls are japanese folk art - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temari_(toy)

Anonymous said...

Cuuuute! I've been thinking of doing something similar for my online store.
You're so talented!
God bless :)

swell.life said...

You ROCK Chelle! Way to meet the challenge. :) I still need to invest in some styrofoam balls. I have a feeling you're making this look way too easy...

Jane said...

Just found your blog from Mama N Jack's list. Love those Christmas balls you made. What a cozy blog you have!