Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{ sweet serendipity }




Serendipity, definition n.
is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate,
especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.

All my birthday girl requested after I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday, was a trip to the park to feed the ducks. Don't you love how easy to please small children can be? The simple fact that she is just as delighted or more so, with a pair of orange fairy slippers from the dollar store than something you spent $50.00 on, thrills me to no end. We were delighted to have Poppy and Nana join us for our little birthday outing and while we were there feeding the ducks at the park, something very magical happened. Like something straight out of a fairytale, the big tower clock above us struck four. She and I both listened with delight as the bells rang out their little tune and I quickly whispered into her ear, " oh honey, let's count " After a short pause it started in...Dong..." one." Dong...." two." Dong..." three." Dong..." four."
And look of amazement on her face was so precious, I'll never forget it.
" Mommy, mommy! The bells ringed four times, four just like me."
And right then I decided something. I decided that the bells would make a perfect new birthday tradition, until they turn thirteen anyway. So every birthday from now on, we are going to find bells, on the hour that coincides with the year of their birth and set apart that particular time of the day to pause, and celebrate them.

You've already heard what her favorite thing about her birthday was.
That was my favorite thing about her birthday.
That and watching my Mom go down the slide with her.



21 comments:

Aunt Tea said...

precious!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

chills from head to toe!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Incredibly sweet. :) I love that little girl without ever having met her... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Catherine said...

What a wonderful tradition you have in mind, and perfectly 'timed'! You mom is almost as cute as your little darling.

Prairie Rose said...

Adorable!
And how you wrote it,made me feel as if I was right there with you all!
What an exciting and fun birthday Idea.
How cute is your mother!!!!

Cottage Mommy said...

I LOVE this...so, so sweet and perfect! Glad you had special times with your sweet birthday girl!

Fairlightday said...

How special was that! And what a charming tradition to start.

Connie said...

It WAS pretty cool, when the clock chimed 4 o'clock! So happy we could celebrate the day with her.

Catherine Anne said...

Great blog

Aminta said...

Only you Chelle, one of the things I admire about you the most. You are one of the busiest people EVER, yet you always seem to find that amazing thing in something so simple. Something most people wouldn't have even noticed.
I love you Chelle, more then you will ever know.
Kiss that girl for me!!

Little Candle said...

I can't believe she is four! How did that happen? She is beautiful, just like her Mama. I'm so excited to see your house done and you all moved in. I wish I could be seeing you all next week *sigh* I hope the time will be much blessed.

Madflame said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chantel Monet said...

What a thoughtful little gift from God to remind you both how special you are! What a special tradition this will be!

Becca said...

Sounds like a great tradition. I love the photos, so great!

Nikki said...

I see Jesus in your days, sweet friend. Loves to you and the birthday girl!

Jenny said...

awww...we were at that slide just today when the clock tower went "Dong...dong...dong...dong!" Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Great internet site!

Nearly everyone wants to obtain insurance at one time or another, whether it is
auto insurance, life insurance, health insurance, or homeowners insurance.
These days it is easier than ever to get complimentary insurance quotes from various
businesses in order to find the foremost deal. You can also see how to preserve
oodles of money in free gasoline when you obtain your insurance price quotations.

[url=http://freeinsurancequoteshq.com]Free insurance quotes[/url]
http://freeinsurancequoteshq.com

[url=http://www.idea2result.com/]Appointment Setting[/url]

http://familytreesoftware.org/family-history-software/

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo world[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to build an income online.