Thursday, October 02, 2008

{ Secret Spilling }



You have got to see this.
I mean before you read another word.




This has been the elephant in the room of my mind for the last month.
Keeping this gigantic secret from you. It's been really, really hard, not to drop hints for all of us I think. Especially on your tougher days. It would drive me nuts...and I would want to blurt out: " but Leslie, do you even know how loved, prayed for and thought of, you are? " Knowing that there was this whole secret world brewing, one that was was about to blessing the living daylights out of you and your precious foursome.
What a ride this has been for you...I have been so amazed and challanged to watch you hold on for dear life to the Lord, and continue to hope, always looking for the sliver lining even through the wild and crazy ups and downs of the last nine months.
I am so inspired by the way you pull joy out of the most difficult days.
The way you laugh can with me on the phone while I knew you were about to go crazy with the itching.
The way you love Rylan, even after she pulled your skirt down in the post office, etc. ( Naughty little pistol )
The way you so obviously adore Nick. And vice versa.
The way you see life so beautifully and live it to the hilt.

I am more convinced than ever in the power of the verse in Acts that says:

" It is more blessed to give than receive."

And wow, are these women ever awesome. I totally adore and look up to each and every one of them. What a example of the body of Christ, expressed by ladies who have never met face to face, but know each other as you once said, by heart.




Here is a little poem I wrote for the Baby Poem game I am hosting over at your shower blog. I am afraid it might sound a little cheesy but you get the idea. I now know that I do not have a poetic bone in my body. ;)


The world will soon be a much cuter place...
With the arrival of your sweet baby face
We wonder so much just who you will be
little boy Cade, mini-man, little bean


Mellow and calm like your Daddy?
Or maybe more like your big sister, spunky and full of zip?
One thing we pray, that you stay oh so safe
A second little miracle baby
Tucked away tight, each day growing stronger
As God tenderly holds you, as He makes a way
Taking up space just a little bit longer.
Safe and secure inside your beautiful Momma.

So ready or not here I come
To steal your hearts completely
To add one more precious life to your happily ever after.
To be loved up and kissed up and brought up by you
Entirely on from this, my happy little birth day.




15 comments:

Fairlightday said...

Hurray! Hurray! We can finally talk about it "out loud!" :) I'm dizzy with excitement! And your poem is the sweetest ever.

Jacy said...

This is absolutely beautiful Chelle.
I love it its so beautiful. Teary eyed kind of beautiufl Love the poems

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Chelle, so wonderfully put!! :)

Leslie said...

I seriously have tears in my eyes. It amazes me how much love you give my family. I adore you... and like I will say over and over again can never totally explain this....

Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post as usual. And Fairlight, I agree, it is so nice to finally talk about it "out loud".

Fairlightday said...

Now that "the big secret" is out, please please please PLEASE put up the pictures of you with the quilt!!!!!! The pictures on the slideshow were not big enough.
Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. I cannot imagine a more thoughtful, creative, and inspiring thing to do than your online baby shower. I've been following your blog for a while now and always feel happy after reading it. It's so full of love for your family and friends and with hope for a wonderful life. Thanks for sharing!

swell.life said...

Oh Chelle, it looks like the shower was a huge success! Am feeling so bad that I missed out last night. Thanks again so very much for helping organize it all. You have the kindest heart!!

kt said...

wow wow wow I can't believe we pulled it off.. and so well too!

I missed you guys too...seriously wanted to pull the car over and find an internet cafe.. alas we were in the middle of no-where with no reception!

Beautiful poem, beautiful words. So glad to have got to know you in this time.. and thank you for sending me an invitation :)

You are so beautiful and sweet.

Also I can't believe I won the poem game. my poem was so small and rushed looking at everyone else's! it seems almost wrong to accept the prize! I will think on the banner a bit more I have a bit of an idea ;)

kt said...

and I agree with Fairlight.. can we have big pics of the quilt? :)

love u x

Lisa said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful friend!!

Everything turned out so perfectly...
And I am feeling so so sad I had to miss it...
But trust me, you girls and the party have been on my mind ALL WEEKEND!!!

you, my dear are a gift! love to you...

Jacy said...

I found myself coming by real quick before church to tell you and THANK YOU for inviting me to be part of something so very special. You my dear friend have a very special place in my heart. I have found a true, beautiful, genuine and loving friend in you, Chelle and oh, how I ake at the thought of not being able to see you or hug you. Love you so much dear friend it has truly been an honor!

On Second Street said...

Lovely.

Leslie said...

I will totally take big pics of the quilt, when today mellows out. Family just flew in, thats why I have been MIA.. Im taking some pictures and stuff of a lot of the gifts.... to share with all of you!! :)

Jen said...

That was so beautiful! I so loved reading it!