Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Off we go.

Tomorrow just us girls are heading off on a little road trip to spend 4 days visiting with pretty much both sides of our wonderful and gigantic extended family, who all live within about a 30 mile radius. Also we are so glad to be able to get in on a very special bridal shower on Saturday afternoon. So excited.

The only bummer is that David isn't able to come along with us. And wow, are his girls ever going to be missing him.

So Mommy's bag is packed. Babies bag is packed. And a tote has been been packed with snacks and books, kiddy music Cd's, and the portable DVD player, which I am only bringing in case I need them to fall back on. Another way to word it might be I am only bringing all this stuff in the event I should need to prevent/stop/distract from the very common occurrence these days of what you often hear called a melt down. What I am really hoping for is hours of girly conversation, in between naps. Sure it will be all about how much we like ladybugs and lollipops and what color this or that is, and making every imaginable animal sound and singing B-I-N-G-O two hundred times in a row and maybe if the sky is cloudless, there will be exclaiming over the fact that it's, in her very own words, a " bright sunny day." And I will catch myself in the rear view mirror, with these huge grins, amazed as I realize for the billionth time how the dearly the Lord has blessed me. And how those blessings have multiplied since the day this most precious little person entered my heart and life. And will get lost in those sweet thoughts, until she pipes up with a " Chelle-chelle, sing... You Are My Sunshine." And before I start into the song , even though she probably won't get it, I'll be sure to tell her. " No, you are. "

Be back Monday.

13 comments:

Fairlightday said...

I am missing you dear one. I hope you girls have a wonderful trip. Enjoy seeing all the family and have a great time at the shower. So exciting for Anna. :) Talk to you soon!
Love you!

Leslie said...

Enjoy the shower, Enjoy the chit chat, and try my dear to enjoy 7 hours in a car with a toddler. A joy for sure.

She is your sunshine, isn't she.

HAVE FUN!!

SuzyQ said...

wow. that sounds fun! and am i ever glad that i'm not the only person out there who considers exclaiming over bulldozers (i gotta boy, what can i say?) a full conversation!

Lisa said...

Sounds wonderful, you brave girl!!! I hope you have a wonderful time...
Can't wait to hear all about your adventures on Monday...

Aunt Tea said...

grace, strength and joy to you Ü

Little Candle said...

Have a wonderful trip and bring back lots of stories and pictures!

Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post Chelle - road trips with just mommy and the kid(s) are one of my favorite things to do. Not sure why...just special. Enjoy the trip and be safe!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a awfully fun trip. Enjoy the girl time:D

Lisa said...

You two are two adorable peas in a pod. It's honestly such a joy to come over here, Chelle, to one of the most fabulous places I know where a Mommy honestly loves and lives for her little girl. I'm sure, just short of the bride to be, of course, that your little one will steal the show. ;)

Lisa said...

It's Monday morning and you are on my mind - I hope you had a fantastic trip and I can not wait to hear all about your adventures!!!
Welcome Home...

Leslie said...

Hope it was really really wonderfull!!

Aminta said...

Hey, I LOVE YOU!!! I AM so glad that I was able to steal you for the 15 minutes that I was able to snatch.

swell.life said...

Have a safe and perfectly wonderful journey. Enjoy every minute of it! And thanks for the delightful collage--love your sweet notions of spring.