Thursday, February 07, 2008

Red Encore.

The postman came to our door and surprised us with an unexpected box yesterday. I hurried up to open it and see not only what it was but who it was from. Out peeked this bundle, wrapped in bright blue tissue paper with a miniature and very cute pink hippo tied on with a cheerful orange ribbon ...the sight of which brought the just up from her nap Annabelle, racing across the room to further investigate .








By that time I had read the note and found out who this surprise was from. Turns out it was sent to us from the lovely LKH. A absolute doll of a woman, who hails from Texas and also happens to be my biggest Etsy customer. Lauren is a giver. That's obvious. She also really good at making peoples days. Out of the blue, she had worlds cutest little red poncho sent to us. Seriously, she is that sweet. Lauren, you shouldn't have but you did, and it blessed me so much. I wish you could have heard the delighted squeal that I let out as we pulled the precious poncho out of the tissue paper. And then I wish you could have seen the biggest smile on David's face as she modeled it for him when he got home last night...and heard how he chuckled and called her "little red riding hood." You didn't have to. But then you can't help being the precious big-hearted, thoughtful, dear woman that you are, can you?

Thank you.
Now for the pictures.




It's so cozy and soft, like a blanket you can wear. And if you want one of your own, thanks to another, literally Lovely lady and her amazing little shop, you could have your very own. And you should hear the story of how we all randomly met. I would say, it's all rather remarkable.




Oh and if you haven't already, don't forget to leave a comment on this post to enter my current give-away. A winner will be drawn on Friday.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

that is seriously adorable and Chelle these photographs are adorable..

Adorable. How kind is that...

have a lovely said...

oh chelle! she looks absolutely precious! I am so glad she squealed with delight...or was that her momma that squealed! Lauren is such a precious precious friend with the biggest heart of gold!

{I would love to add her precious picture to T&T's little ribbits page...as long as her mommy doesn't mind!}

SuzyQ said...

omg. *squee!!* that rocks my socks.

Lauren Kate said...

lawsie mercy Chelle...who was that gal you were going on and on about in this post? Let me know who she is, I'd like to meet her. Red is and has always been my favorite color...no pink for this girlfriend. Miss A looks precious in and the pictures of her modeling made my day.

Marie Rayner said...

What an adorable "Little Red Riding Hood" you have there in your wee precious little girl. Sweet!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

keeeeeeeyooooot. and well photographed Ü

Fairlightday said...

That last picture is the most amazing picture of Annabelle! Seriously!
What an amazing friend (and customer) you have there! I'm so glad to finally know who your repeat repeat repeat repeat customer is. Wish I had one like that. :) Thank you for introducing us to her and I will definitely be checking out the blogs.
Love you!

Lisa said...

Lauren is wonderful, huh! She is such an inspiration to all of us!!!
And "Miss A" loks amazing in that adorable poncho (although she always looks adorable)...
The story of how the three of you met - now that is an incredible tale! This blog world is indeed a small one....

Amanda said...

so darned cute...and what a darling little "ham" for the camera!