Friday, November 30, 2007

reflections


This morning she silently crawled out of our bed and into the living room to find me. As she is rounding the corner I hear these sweet little words slip from her (as her daddy calls them) sugar lips, " hi sunshine!" I wanted to sit down and cry for joy. Instead I scooped her up and kissed her all over and returned her sentiments. I have, ever since she was born, greeted her first of all in the morning with either a, " Good morning, sunshine! " or " Good morning, beautiful!" To have your children reciprocate/communicate the overwhelming love we can't help but have for them, back to us, has got to be one of the top ten best feelings, the whole entire world over.




( In case you are wondering, I did in fact bribe her with chocolate chips to get her to sit still, unfortunately it didn't help my pictures to turn out all that clearly. I have the worst luck with that. )





The other thought I had is actually straight from the line of a familiar Christmas carol ...the dawn, of redeeming grace. " I love that. And can't get it off my mine. That is what Christmastime is all about for me.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

seriously love this entry and those totally adorable jammie jams... :)
How fun is that, that she said that. I love it. She is loooking more and more like a little lady.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
have a lovely said...

she is adorable & what a precious sentiment to her precious mommie!!! Great shots...no matter the bribe in how you got them! :)

Lauren Kate said...

I love your music you have on your blog- I have started to always have your blog up while working on the computer so I can enjoy the tunes! THANKS!

Carrie said...

She is just too precious. What cute jammies!!! I want some like that.
God bless :)

Becca said...

How precious! Absolutely love the pj's- so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your own adorable little elf for Christmas. In the striped jammies, she is vaguely reminiscent of a Cindy Lou Who. ;)

Anonymous said...

And the Cindy Lou would be from me (I would want to know this and not feeling like people were lurking).

Lisa
siyach-halal.spaces.live

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....my intention was to stop by and say thanks for visiting my place. But I got an added bonus in the adorable pics of your little girl!

Merry Christmas!
Tam

package + paper
::the simpler things::