Sunday, September 30, 2007

{ Cozy Little Day }

{ I wish I could say that I took this picture and that this is our front porch, but it's not....
it's an image I am borrowing from my friend, Martha Stewart
until I have my own to stick in here...}

We've been having oatmeal for breakfast the past few mornings. It seems like a fitting way to start off the day with something warm in our tummies. The weather has gone from bright and warm to blustery and grey. I've been making a fire first thing in the morning and we've been bundeling up to go outside, wearing scarves and closed-toes shoes and I've started putting tights and turtlenecks on Annabelle. It's a good thing I love fall as much as I do, otherwise I could not bring myelf to trade in my beloved flip flops for a pair of warm socks and some comfy boots. Anyhow speaking of flip flops, now I am about to go on a rabbit trail. My sweet Mommy in law told me the other day that when she was a girl "flip flops" were called zorries.
I just think that is so cute?

They introduced a new song at church today, and even the words of the first line couldn't stop our tears. Funny how grief hits you when and where you least expect it to.


When I go don't cry for me
In my fathers arms I'll be
The wounds this world left on my soul
Will all be healed and I'll be whole
Sun and moon will be replaced
With the light of Jesus' face
And I will not be ashamed
For my savior knows my name

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away

Gold and silver blind the eye
Temporary riches lie
Come and eat from heaven's store
Come and drink and thirst no more
So weep not for me my friend
When my time below does end
For my life belongs to him
Who will raise the dead again

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away


Also at church, Annabelle was *winking* at the people in the row behind us. Really truly winking. I have no idea where she learned to wink. I certainly have never tried teaching her how to do it but it was hysterical.



Later on that afternoon David spontainiously sat down at the piano with me and we plunked out the notes to 'Heart and Soul' together. It made me feel like a girl again. We sat there and giggled and expeirmented and then of course we would mess up, which would made us giggle some more!"

And we all snuggled up and watched Chip and Dale cartoons.

And we had the yummiest sushi for dinner { thank you Costco }. And it cracked us up because Annabelle loved it. Especially since we know several adults who won't even try it.

And that is what I mean when I say, we had "a cozy little day."

2 comments:

Leslie said...

sounds cozy and magical, and lovely. I love how much little things are such a blessing, like chip & dale (cartoons!) and costco sushi.. :)

WINK.. :)

Connie said...

Aah, Fall! I am enjoying it, too... and doing some necessary deep cleaning of my poor neglected house!

That song is poignant and sweet, and so timely. There is no shame in tears....they are healthy and healing.