Thursday, February 08, 2007



This :

“ Know you what it is to be a child? It is something very different from the man of today. It is to have spirit yet streaming from the waters of baptism; it is to believe in love; to believe in loveliness; to believe in belief; it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear; it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has a fairy godmother in its soul.”
-Shelley-

Has got me pondering this:


At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, " Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18 : 1-4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O, that Romantic Shelley. What I love, too, about the scripture is that Jesus made a point to put his literal hands on the children and anoint them. Sigh. I'm sure Annabelle is *very* anointed. ;)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi!
It was so nice for you to visit my blog! What a lovely illustration. I miss being little enough to swing on the swingset, pretending I could fly!!!

-Jenny