Tuesday, February 27, 2007

More Spring in my step...


"The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month."
Fisherman's Luck , Henry Van Dyke (1899)

Yesterday Annabelle learned the meaning of soft...while we were playing with a branch off our pussy willow tree.

Then we counted 31 robins in our backyard. So now the small girl is "tweet-tweeting" all over the house. Which of course, makes me grin.

Also, here are a small bunch of crocuses that I found timidly peeking up at me.during a stroll around the yard.



The miniature daffodils I planted in pots last Nov. and then relegated to the darkest, coldest corner of the garage are just now unfurling their sunny yellow splendor.


It may be premature, with snow in the forecast for tonight but we will not let that keep us from at least pretending that we are already quite under the enchanting the spell of spring.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Love this... look how big she looks!!!

Loving your pics of spring, its been a rainy day here, no birds, or flowers yet... we feel full fledged still in winter.. well as much as southern california gets!

Andrea said...

Oh how I feel your longing for spring. Back home they just got 5 inches of snow, but here it has been nice enough that I finally brought out the flip flops today:) What a strange feeling for a girl from North Dakota. The pictures are beautiful and God bless you and your precious family!

Anonymous said...

O, goodness ... Little girl is getting so big and already losing some of the "little baby" look around her cheeks! She's a keeper! I wish I had half your talent to grow beautiful things. I'll take it as inspiration! Enjoy your spring preparation.

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

What a cutie!!! Daughters are the best! My baby is 11 now... I can't believe it.

Bring on that Spring!!!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Happy Spring! Your sweet girl is so so adorable!
Michelle (with two Ls ;))