Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am in a little love...

with you, my beautiful, squirmy, more often than not snot-nosed, blue eyed, full of adventure and with a shock of wild blond hair, all-smiles-boy.



  Jack-Jack so many things about you blow me away. Let's start with your grin, it's ear to ear and completely contagious. Then there is your ability to out scream + scream louder than even our girl can. And she's got some good  pipes.

  The way you nestle your little head into my neck to get/show love just melts me. And how you hand me the silverware from the dishwasher...and immitate the tone of of my " thank you's. " That melts me too.

  Jack, you really love it when daddy throws you up in the air. The higher the better. But then you love everything about your daddy. Down to the very ground he walks on.

  And your diapers, oh my your diapers they can + do clear out a room. No joke.

  Your is an outdoorsy sort of baby. And you cry if the door is opened and you can't go out it.  You love to swing. And growl.  I am pretty sure that the combination of the two make for your very own, very favorite guy baby sport.
 
  Your tough in the sense that you can get a really hard bonk or big owe-ie and hardly notice it but you are also tender + sensitive and you do fall apart if you gets his "feelings" hurt.

  You said please ( once ) today at lunch instead of squawking for more. I was so proud.  That's some serious progress people. And my word, child can you  ever eat.  For an hour straight. So you get called " porker".

  You've totally got a crush on this and this pretty girl.

  Did I mention your grin. You've got this grin that never stops. And I am crazy about it.

  You shock us with your physical + verbal abilities for being under one.

  You think big sister is the bees knees. And you are right she is.  There is nothing I like better than the sound of your combined laughter,  race down the stairs and throughout the house.

  Daddy jokes that " Annabelle is going to grow up to be a race car driver " and  that you Jack, are going to be " a comedian. " No one makes us laugh as much or as hard as you do, sweet boy.
 
  Go ahead, call me crazy but I am praying that you'll grow up to be a pastor and have a desire to tell people about Jesus and the Bible. But more than anything I pray that you'll grow to love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind. How ever that fleshes itself out in your heart and life is okay with me son.
 
 11 months is right around the corner. And except for the hunger pains...err...squawks and the screaming between 2:00-3:30 am this morning and my failed attempt to wean you, cold turkey off your night " feedings  "...you are our 100% pure boy joy.

I love you. A whole, whole lot. I can't help myself.

XO,
Mommy

11 comments:

Amanda said...

What a precious boy! I can see why you're head-over-heels for him!

Nikki said...

I love your boy joy soooooo much, and I am so very ecstatic to see him next week! (You and Belles too, of course.) He is a kick in the pants. More like a growl at the ankles right now, but when he gets a little bigger he's definitely going to be a kick in the pants. XO!

Connie said...

Oh, I MISS that boy! We have a lot of catching up to do.
Nice to see the old tub in use!
Nana

Amanda said...

oh chelle...this is incredible...i love the way you love your boy. and, oh my, he is just a wee bit precious! :)

shabby girl said...

Such a beautiful boy! I love that smile, from ear to ear!
So happy to hear that everything is going so well!
God bless your little family!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

swoon, swoon, swoon...

(Love your new pretty colours, too.)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

What a sweet little love! Enjoy!

Jacy said...

Could he get any cuter!! I can't believe he's getting so big, Chelle...it seemed like just the other day he was fresh from Heaven new and now he is growing to be the cutest little lad ever!!

Fairlightday said...

He certainly is the best bit of little boy I know, and I have to say the growling is my favorite. I get so tickled hearing it and thinking about it. :) Give him big big squeezes for me and Rose and tell him I'm so proud of him saying please instead of screaming this time. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Chelle - this is so wonderful and full of sweetness. I love the way you express yourself. Really alot. :)

Chantel Monet said...

So sweet! As you well know, Jack has charmed me completely! He is the one reason I sway a little on my desire for this baby to be a girl! You make + raise such amazing children. Your house is always so full of joy!